Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2 in 1 Spectre x360 13 ac00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am wanting to buy a spare charger for my HP Spectre X360 2 in 1 AC002na but cannot tell from looking at the original the part number or specification I need. The writing is too small and light for my eyes.

My laptop was purchased new a few weeks ago so is the latest model.

I have looked in the HP spares shop and cannot determine which one is appropriate. Kindly point me to the correct item.

As an alternative would it be OK to use a USB-c male to USB-c male cable plugged into a third party wall socket with a USB-C female connector?

Thanks for any help

Regards

Sherman39

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No it will not charge from a wall socket like a cell phone. 

These are the proper power supplies:

65-W adapter, USB Type-C, nPFC, 3 pin 860209-850

45-W adapter, USB Type-C, nPFC, 3 pin 860210-850

Are you in the UK? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Adapter-Retail-V5Y26ET-ABB/dp/B01FUC0IJ0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=14934675...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No it will not charge from a wall socket like a cell phone. 

These are the proper power supplies:

65-W adapter, USB Type-C, nPFC, 3 pin 860209-850

45-W adapter, USB Type-C, nPFC, 3 pin 860210-850

Are you in the UK? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Adapter-Retail-V5Y26ET-ABB/dp/B01FUC0IJ0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=14934675...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Yes I am in the UK.

HP Recommended

So others with the same issue can find it more easily you might want to mark the response with the links as "solution". 

HP Recommended

Excuse my igmorance but is there any advantage to 65w versus 45w---speedier charging ?

Also I noticed that the link you kindly provided is for the 45w but assuming the picture is for the actual item, I believe I will need an adapter for the UK, as the plug doesn't look like a UK plug.

HP Recommended

Yes the 65w will charge faster but its bigger so not as good for mobility which I assume you want in a spare adapter. Yes that is a picture of a US plug but I am betting the vendor supplies a UK plug cable. You might want to contact them before purchasing to be sure. There were several different options in amazon.uk just search by the product number. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.