Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 13-aeX00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP Spectre X360 could update to Windows 10 1803 one year ago and doesn't offer any new Microsoft feature update (1809, 1903).

I have understood, it's in relation with customized HP video driver which is not compatible with 1809 nor 1903.

The problem is that 1803 support ends in november the 12th.

How can I update to newer feature update?

Regards.

YBO.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if you can update to the latest W10 version by clicking on the blue Update Now button on the webpage at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If for some reason the new v1903 version doesn't work to your expectations, you can roll back to the current version of W10 you have on there now as long as you don't delete the Windows.old folder.

What graphics adapter does your notebook have?

If it just has the Intel HD graphics, there is a way to manually update the graphics driver to the latest version on the Intel website.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

The laptop has an Intel UHD 620 video card.

My current version is 23.20.16.5044, this is the issue. This version works only for 1803.

If I try to update it from Intel site, I receive a message that indicates, my driver is a customized HP one and has to be updated by HP.

I have seen some people bypassing this warning. The resul is that some function keys don't work anymore.

I am surprised to see that few information isavailable on Internet concerning this issue.

I will contact HP support to escalate that and keep the community feedback.

regards.

Yves.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Yves.

You could create a system restore point first so you can roll back to the current driver state if the function keys don't work correctly after you update the driver.

You can't just run the exe graphics driver file from the Intel website or you get that error.

You can manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version as follows...

Download and save the ZIP file version of the driver...

Version: 26.20.100.6912 (Latest) Date: 6/19/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=96551

Unzip the file to its folder. Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>iigd_dch (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

Be patient as it could take up to a couple of minutes for the driver to install.

When the installation is complete, restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.