Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I have HP Spectre X360 13in that I have bought two years. However, I came across a problem today when I was using my laptop without connecting it to the charger. Whenever, I connect my laptop to the charger, the charge goes up to 100%; however, when the charger is removed, the battery meter states that it only has 55% of battery. I have tried to drain my battery to 15% and wait 30 min to reboot and uninstall and reinstall microsoft acpi compliant control method battery. Still, no use. I don't care if it is the battery or the driver. If a new battery is needed, I will replace it. What I want to know is "WHY" it is doing this. I have not realized this until today because my spectre has been plugged into the charger at home all the time because I am using it as my home PC. But, my razer blade, which I use as my portable computer is in for service, I had to bring my spectre for my business trip. I did not expect my spectre to do this. Like what I said, I just want to know why it is doing it. Is this a hardware issue, or a software issue. Please do not advise me to drain battery, wait, reboot and uninstall, reinstall drives. I ALREADY did this. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mattkim This could be happening either due to a bad power adapter or the battery, and if the issue persists with an alternate adapter/battery as well, it's most likely an issue with the DC port on the motherboard, to confirm the same, I suggest you perform an ac adapter test followed by calibration and testing of the battery using this steps from this link: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have run the tests recommended by Riddle_decipher, it was found to be that my battery charge capacity was only 58%. I have ordered a new oem battery and will update after the install.

HP Recommended

@mattkim I'm glad you've ordered for a replacement battery, please check once its delivered and keep us posted with update,

Good luck and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.