Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 13" 8th Gen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was under the impression that the latest 8th Gen Spectre x360 were supposed to come with a new rechargable pen. Mine came with the same pen as last years 7th Gen models.   Is that correct? The rechargable pens aren't available yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@csewell wrote:

I was under the impression that the latest 8th Gen Spectre x360 were supposed to come with a new rechargable pen. Mine came with the same pen as last years 7th Gen models.   Is that correct? The rechargable pens aren't available yet?

• Stylus pen in dark ash silver, according to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/images/HP_Spectre_x360_13_tcm245_2518364_tcm245_2519498_tcm245-2518364.pdf

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@csewell wrote:

• Stylus pen in dark ash silver, according to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/images/HP_Spectre_x360_13_tcm245_2518364_tcm245_2519498_tcm245-2518364.pdf

HP Recommended

Well, the pen does look like the picture, but there are no details as to it's rechargeability.

I was going by the press release HP provided in October regarding the new 8th Gen HP Spectre x360 13 laptops:

• Versatile canvas: The Windows Ink Certified8 pen delivers a more natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch. With tilt, the pen is pressure sensitive for precise inking in any mode. Under the pen is an integrated USB-C™ rechargeable battery, 15 seconds of charging gives the user up to 198 minutes of use10.
HP Recommended

Well, the pen in the picture certainly looks like the one with the laptop, but it makes no mention of its rechargeability. I was going by the press release for the new 8th gen Spectre x360s when they were announced in October:

"Versatile canvas: The Windows Ink Certified8 pen delivers a more natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch. With tilt, the pen is pressure sensitive for precise inking in any mode. Under the pen is an integrated USB-C™ rechargeable battery, 15 seconds of charging gives the user up to 198 minutes of use."

HP Recommended

All drivers are properly installed now.  It seems that only a few of the standard windows sounds plays like they are overdriven, especially the asterisk sound, so this may be more to do with the wav files involved than the audio drivers. So, I'm going to mark this issue as solved.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi , I bought mine in november and I received the rechargable pen. I think its a case of misleading advertisement in your case and you should contact customer services.

hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Well, the 13 inch x360 I bought was through BestBuy, so I'm thinking it was the model exclusively built for BestBuy that may be different from the model available through HP itself. Although all the other specs line up, the pen is the only difference.

HP Recommended

Its weird how they do that. I bought mine in the UK through HP and I dont have a privacy screen button but in all honesty the product is great so little things dont matter in the end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.