Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 (13-w023dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

Almost one month I have some issue with my laptop. Battery charging is incorrect. When I connect oroginal charger to any type-C ports to recharge battery the charging is comming slow and intermittently.  Red indicator always blinking. 2-3 seconds charging then for 1 second stop. Some noise could be heard somewhere inside of device during those 2-3 sec. It's like a squeak. Very low.

I tried recharge battery in different modes. When lapton on or off. Made UEFI diagnostic which succesfully passed. Now I have no idea. Always use original charger only and with stable power supply. Condition of charger is new. Laptop was bought in October 2016.

Kindly advise any desicion regarding my issue.

Brgds,

Dmitriy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello.

After three weeks in service I got my laptop back. Motherboard was replaced by new with new power cord. Now it's working well and charging is going in proper way.

Reason was not discovered. Just replacement. So it is solution but no guarantee that in few months I will not get same problem again.

Hope my experience will be helpfull to other and will not happen again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @DmitriyWW,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having charging issues on your HP Spectre notebook. I'll do my best to help you with this,

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for yr reply. Will follow yr first advise to discharge till 15% and then all others ideas one by one if nothing happened. Just one thing how re-installation of driver could solve problem when PC off and same issue? Is charging under BIOS control neither Windows? Anyway will try and reply later.

HP support assistant is insalled and shows no updates require. BIOS ver F.20 Rev.A is last for present moment.

Brgds,

Dmitriy.

HP Recommended

Hi @DmitriyWW,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

Unfortunetly no changes after reinstallation of battery driver. Same issue is still exist.

I carefully read all yr bookmarks and nothing found similar with my problem. Now I think it's hardware issue or battery conrtol system. When it first time happened it was just strange charging. When laptop's battery was 85%  and I connected power cord period of charging was 8-10 sec after for 1 sec interrapt. If wait for 50% discharge after connection of cord laptop started charging without any problem. And day after day proper charging was beggining with less battery charge till present condition. 2-3 sec charging and 1 sec interrapt. Very slow charging. Not enough half of day to fully recover battery charge. Battery is alive and keep power for 6-8 hrs with screen on.

One suggestion. Today I tried to charge laptop via my MINIX NEO C, USB-C Multiport Adapter which support type-c charging. Once I connected orogonal power cord to adapter I got message to use original HP power cord but charging started without any problem and fast like before. After 5 minuts I disconnected it to avoid any problem due to unofficial way of charging. So probably it's mean that original power cord and laptop hardware not compatable between? But why if few month everthing was OK? I didn't get any unexpected blackout.

Can I create some video and upload to Youtube to demostrate how it looks?

Please advise yr suggestion regarding my explanations. Thank you for assistance.

Brgds,

Dmitriy.

HP Recommended

Hi @DmitriyWW,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I would also suggest you run the test on the battery, depending on the test results, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

Finally I tried to make all advices but unsuccesfully. After my phone conversation with HP support and full factory reset they advised me to make a visit to authorized service centre.

Yestarday serviceman gave me a call. So he requested the new motherboard and power adapter from HP. The reason of interraptable charging couldn't discover now and will advise it after receiving of spare parts and tests.

Hope everything will be done in few weeks. Will update present discussion accordingly on completion.

HP Recommended

Hi @DmitriyWW,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

After three weeks in service I got my laptop back. Motherboard was replaced by new with new power cord. Now it's working well and charging is going in proper way.

Reason was not discovered. Just replacement. So it is solution but no guarantee that in few months I will not get same problem again.

Hope my experience will be helpfull to other and will not happen again.

HP Recommended

Hi @DmitriyWW,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear everything seems to be working fine now, should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.