Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 Hinge loose

Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The left hand hinge on my wife's HP Spectre X360 is loose. It looks like the right hand hinge is taking most of the weight and the screen leans slightly as a result of this. It has been like this for a number of months, but is starting to get worse. Unfortunately, I didn't report it previously and the warranty ran out just over 2 weeks ago.

My concern is that not only is the left hand hinge getting looser, the additonal weight on the right hand hinge will lead excessive wear and the risk that this hinge will fail as well.

is there any way HP will repair the faulty hinge, as it appears to be a known issue.

1 REPLY 1
17472 12886 244 973
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 Hinge loose

@keybaud

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation