Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 T1D62EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery performance of my HP Spectre X360 I7 processor, 15.5 Inch display is very poor. I have done a number of tests and the battery lasts no more than 4.5 hours. Even with the processor running at 6%-7% and 25% memory load the battery lasts no more than 4.5 hours. The advertised battery life is significantly higher. I have read articles that there is a fix.

Please can HP contact me and advise on way forward.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am using a Spectre X360 13" as my loaner from HP this year and I have been pretty impressed with 8 hrs battery life.Of course a 13" with 8 gb of memory will not use as much power as a 15"with 16 gb. The last poster who asked for help ended up getting rather nasty after being  informed of tweaks to help so I tread lightly on this subject now..but 

I did adjust some settings I had seen recommended for longer battery life and running cooler. Such as  Settings \System- Turned off notifications. In Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options> click Change plan settings> click Change advanced power settings> Processor power management- set Max processor state at 95% on battery and power. 

There may be others-these  are the ones I am aware of and implemented. As far as a fix from HP I do not know of an official fix. The fine print under battery life statement does have things like battery life estimate with wifi off,etc.

For "official" HP help contact them via your Support page by filling out the form. Or open HP Support Assistant installed on the X360 and click on Support tab.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Spectre-15-ap000-x360-Convertible-PC/9256669/mode...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks for feedback; glad to read you are getting good performance. I've disabled the notification and already set the throttling for the  processor when on battery.

My tests only have a processor load of <6% so dont think that is an issue.

Hopefully someone from HP will contact me with an appropriate solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.