Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, i am having a very similar problem with a HP Spectre X360 15-df0001tx. The thermal profiles in HP support centre do not seem to work, nor is any system information displayed, identical to the screenshots above. I have run the HP support assistant without any result. It was a fresh install and all updates are installed. The Bios is up to date.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RussellHA

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Does your computer overheats or power off when it's noisy?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP command center?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @echo_lake

- No, but it gets very hot and performance drops before the fans finally kick in, at which point the temperature and performance returns to a normal level.

- No hardware changes, software and firmware is all up to date using drivers on HP Website, Nividia Control Panel, and Windows update. Bios is also updated using HP Bios update tool. Windows 10 is build 1903.

- Yes, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and ran the Windows store repair utility.

Are there any drivers or services that the command centre relies upon that I can check and make sure are present and working properly?

HP Recommended

@RussellHA
Thank you for posting back. 

As we have performed the most relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue still remains same. 

I would suggest you perform a system reset. Reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system.

Click here to perform a system reset. ( Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10) )

Keep me posted

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_lake

Before I perform such a drastic and lazy-way-out solution, can you please answer my earlier question regarding what services and drivers (if any) this app depends on to function correctly?

HP Recommended

@RussellHA

To get the answer to this question, the HP Command Center (Windows 10) app is used for this functionality.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.