Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 - 15-bl075nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp spectre x360 convertible 15 inch laptop is dead and will not charge. Prior to this the laptop was having problems where it would die once it reached "Low battery" instead of "Critically Low Battery". It also now makes a clicking noise when the charger is placed inside of the USB-C port. It was also heating up hotter than usual by simple browsing of the internet. I have done several trials to turn it back on. Throughout the life of my HP spectre x360  I have bought several different charges and I know this is not of the fault of the charger. I also confirmed it wasn't by using it to charge a different product. I also tried different outlets to check that as well. I tried all the tips online and even spoke to customer support to try turning it back on by holding "B" / "V" and the windows key and "F6" plus the power button. Neither of these was able to turn my laptop back on.  This laptop is barely two years old I have concluded that it cannot be the battery either since it won't turn on even while the charger is plugged in. I have deducted it has to be fault within the motherboard. There has been several threads I see the product has been discontinued, but I surprised it hasn't been recalled. I've been a loyal HP customer and I hope that I can be directed to the appropriate team within HP so that this can be fixed because this is unacceptable for a laptop that was above $1,500 .

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WadeWithout

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can I receive another message from a HP support member.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.