Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 won't charge or turn on. It has the tell-tale burning smell 😞 I'm very disappointed because this laptop was a great laptop until this problem (which everyone whoever owned one seems to have!) I have tried all of the troubleshooting and restarts and there is no light ever; it will not even try to turn on.  Why should we have to resort to posting threads on this site in order for HP to address this issue appropriately? Can anyone help me connect with someone to get this fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I know there has been a push to get HP to do a full recall on these faulty components...Is anyone aware if there's any movement with that? It seems clear that it's necessary since it has impacted so many people.

HP Recommended

@miniapull,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sent 2 separate messages to HP support and finally got a phone number to speak to a human on the third try. I was told by the first person there was no issue with my computer. I then asked to speak to the supervisor who told me this was a known issue but because my computer is “so old”, they can’t replace the part or offer any support in any way. They suggested I find a third party to repair it but couldn’t offer any resources like a credit or voucher or rebate to go toward the repair or replacement of their known and acknowledged defective product. I don’t consider a $1000 laptop disposable after 3 years. If my computer had died after 1 year, then they could have helped me. Except even by reading these threads you can see that it’s pulling teeth to get support for this faulty product. Totally unacceptable customer service. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.