Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (573 Views)

HP Spectre X360 loose trackpad and hinge issue?

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Spectre X360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I got a brand new13 inch HP Spectre X360 on August 24. I really wanted this laptop over the Mac because I felt it was lighter than a Pro, more powerful than an Air, had a great display, plus was more vessatile than the two due to its rotation capability.

To my disappointment, I quickly found out the trackpad seemed loose (you could feel a slight rattle by lightly pressing down the middle). 15 days later, I exchanged it at Best Buy only to find, low and behold, my new one having the same exact issue with the trackpad. Not only that, but I feel that even the screen hinge is ever so slightly loose. Not that it moves in laptop, tent, or presentation mode -- but when I type quick I feel the screen shake just a tiny bit. Moreover, when in tablet mode, the two halves of the computer (the screen and back of the keyboard underneath it) don't stick together. They pry apart about an inch. 

I called HP and they said it could be my particular local Best Buy bought a bad bunch or something? I did see other threads on here with people complaining about the trackpad, and some have suggested that there are some 'malfunctioned' unitss and that if one were to keep exchanging, they would eventually get a good one. I also have slight cackling of speakers without headphones when playing music. 

So should I exchange for a second time? Would Best Buy be upset -- do they have a limit on this sort of thing? And if it helps, I have the three year warranty/Geek Squad tech support package. 

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (569 Views)

Re: HP Spectre X360 loose trackpad and hinge issue?

@daned

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation