Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Wow, thanks I hope I do too.

HP Recommended

So when, Kevin-T, can I expect to be contacted by someone at HP?  As you can easily see this post has gotten quite a few replies with the exact same issue.  One person's issue was resolved by HP free of charge.  I have yet to be contacted and it's now over a month since your initial, apparently canned, response.  As you can plainly see below my motherboard just fried on its own.  This is a flaw and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if I don't hear anything back by the end of the day today.

Spectre X360 Fried Mobo

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help! I had someone reach out to me Via private message in 48 hours after you responded to collect my information and within 48 hours I had someone call me to setup a return to setup my computer sent a tech support person in California. I just received an email this morning that my computer has been repaired and its on it's way. I am suppose to receive it by the end of this week or Monday. Thank you again! 

HP Recommended

Looks like something related to cpu circuitry has fried. Voltage regulators or some FET.

HP Recommended

I Have the same issue with the motherboard as all the other entries. I bought my Spectre  x360 13-4005 last July (2015) and it is just out of warranty when the motherboard died.

I think HP should replace this faulty motherboard as the same problem keep showing up all over the web.

HP Recommended
I have been finally contacted by HP and have sent off the requested information. I'm hopeful that I'll get a resolution as some others have. I would hope that with all the replies to this post as well as other similar posts that this would be a recall item.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.
Few months after warranty expired motherboard burned.
I have pictures.
How do I upload pictures here?

hp issue 2.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello@rets0f,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

rets0f that is the exact same spot as on my Spectre.  My box to send it back is supposed to arrive today.  I really feel this should be a recall.

HP Recommended

My notebook has burns in exactly the same spot. I was contacted by HP support team but nothing has been resolved yet. I should be a recall item just looking at all the posts with the same problem.

20161216_073552_1.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.