Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@MaximPs

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Please try these steps

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

//Step 06. Please remove the Battery//

the battery is NOT removable.

What to do?

Maxim

HP Recommended

@MaximPs

Since the battery is not removable in the HP Spectre X360, you can skip that step and just restart your Notebook 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, done.

However, I would like to remark that I have done this before -- with apparently no result.

The note gets chargable only when the battery is totally emptied which is of course extremly annoying. This is the only common feature for this malfunction, otherwise it fails pretty randomly.

Maxim

HP Recommended

@MaximPs

Have you updated the BIOS already? If the issue persists after the BIOS update, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I fixed one of these today.  The case was bent, like the aluminum is very thin and I removed the Motherboard, unbent the case to as flat as i could make it.  It worked, there must have been a short and the SuperIO told the PC to not boot.  Also I've seen bad USB ports cause this.

HP Recommended

I have established a pattern: note charging fails every 13 days regardless to whatever was done in between. In the battery is drained down to zero, the chagring resumes for another 13 days. 

I'm feed and tired of this failure as once I was caught while travelling and ended up in the 12 hours flight with my note fully discharged. In addition, one of the plastic strips at the bottom went totally loose thereby prompting the note to slide on the desk. 

I would like to requiest a warranty service; how could I do it?

Best,

HP Recommended

Hello, the same thing happened to me, when I wanted to turn on, the led blinked 3 times and did not start, I read many forums without solution. Fix it by doing the following: Disconnect the battery and SSD, probe connect the charger and to my surprise it turned on, so I reconnected everything as it was and now it works fine. regards

HP Recommended

Thanks. The problem with your solution is two-fold:

1. The battery in Spectre 360 is built-in, i.e. not detachable

2. Opening the laptop leads to warranty voiding 

I eventually sent the laptop to the  HP service center, and they quickly changed the motherboard and the battery. Now I am testing their results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.