Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just like a lot of people, I'm having problems with my Spectre X360. Suddenly it's not charging any more. The first time I did a hard reset (removed battery cable a.s.o.). It worked and the laptop worked for 2 weeks. Now it's all over again. When connecting the charger, no led light comes on. Also plug is not detected. Battery is fine (still has 20% left and starts up). Charger is also fine, my kids have the same laptops for school, the charger works fine in that.

It seems that this is a product failure, given the fact that so many people have the same issue? How can I check that?

Of course the guarantee is over, but i think it is unbelievable that this top of the line laptop has this issue after just a couple of years. Is this a fabrication error?? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GWK1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not powering on. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake

thank you for the reply. I've contacted HP Support and went through all their questions. Eventually they concluded that it is the mainboard that has failed. I read multiple similar posts and had a feeling that would be the case (seems to be a common problem). They offered to repair the problem, but the costs are very high. I think it is really a shame that this laptop (series) has that problem and is defective after a few years. I still don't know what to do, repair or buy another laptop. I thought buying a top of the line laptop would be e better investment and could be used for at least 5 years, turns out it isn't 😞

HP Recommended

@GWK1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake

Really appreciate your effort. I was looking for ways to get the mainboard repaired, but is still very expensive. Furthermore in the Netherlands there are (as far as I can see) no companies that offer this service. When searching for this I found a lot of posts of users with the same issues and even a website dedicated to specifically this problem. Looks to me like it is a fabrication defect. I hope HP can help me out .

Thanks anyway!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.