cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ncdb
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Spectre x360 – 13-4170NZ will not boot from new SSD

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 – 13-4170NZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to upgrade the SSD on my laptopt(HP Spectre x360 – 13-4170NZ ) from the standard 256gb ( liteon l8h-256v2g-hp) to 1tb (Kingston NV1). I used a software (Macrium Reflect Free) to make a clone from my old SSD onto my new SSD. The clone contained everything the old SSD had including the windows installation. Now if I insert the new SSD into my laptop and try to start it up it won't boot. I checked in the BIOS menu under boot options and if I select the new SSD as boot medium it tries several times to boot before giving me an error message that it cant boot. The thing that concerns me is that in the BIOS menu if I insert the new SSD and select the HP SYSTEM INFORMATION tab it does not recognize the new SSD and it tells me that no hard drive was detected. Any ideas on what I coud try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
46,414 25,020 7,474 10,879
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 13-4xxx series is not compatible with NVME M.2 SSD. It is a bit too old for that. SATA M.2 only. 

View solution in original post

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 13-4xxx series is not compatible with NVME M.2 SSD. It is a bit too old for that. SATA M.2 only. 

ncdb
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That sucks to hear since I already bought the SSD but I cant change that. Anyways, thanks a lot for your quick and helpful response. Maybe as a last question in order to avoid doing the same mistake again, any kind of "3D NAND SATA SSD" with a M.2 formfactor will work with this kind of laptopt right?

Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah that's right. WD Blue SATA M.2 SSD is always a good choice:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/115116795966?epid=4035157415&hash=item1acd7ee83e:g:hpcAAOSwb21ho5wg

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation