Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried all solutions inside the forums from update drivers, registry edit, update drivers, etc. Rotation lock button stills gray, when I change in the registry the enable auto rotation its changes its value back to 0 by it self every reboot. Really tried all, can any one help me?Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Osina,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the tablet mode is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's amazing. The only solution that you people from HP post is a long list of obvious steps and or the classic restore as this answer. I tried all. This laptop was put aside in my company and I decided to put it to work, I was deep inside it to the point of electronically test the sensor, yes opened apart. And nothing solved it, till in one more try after tens of restores and install here in the community a user posted that was only a hard reset (keep pressed the power for 10 seconds) will solve and voilá!! It worked! this product is a piece of problem design, it also has the overheating problem solved setting bios to balance instead of performance or reducing CPU power to 90% at windows. Please HP fix this unit bios! All this problems are affecting thousands of users just look your community forums and you will easily notice.

HP Recommended

@Osina The steps shared are known to have resolved issues with other users, that said, pardon me but your post is rather confusing, I can't make our if your are being sarcastic or if the issue is currently resolved, please elaborate if it isn't so we can help you resolve it,

If it is resolved, you could thank us for our efforts, by clicking on "Accept as solution" on the post you think helped the most, as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i'm not sarcastic. Do you believe that do a power reset every 3 or four times I turn on and down a high value notebook is normal? Is the normal need to reduce processing capability to avoid overheating? Request a bios fix is sarcasm?. Makes no sense reformat reinstall your software when the problem is not there! Is like turn off and on your car during a road trip to solve a periodic (yes almost periodic). Is normal your dealer tell you to reload your pcm software every 2 days? Yes? Because it fails in the same day several times so I need to hard reset. 

HP Recommended

@Osina,

I recommend you keep an eye on the HP website as all the drivers and software releases will be updated on the software and driver sections of the support page. Once a newer BIOS is available for your computer you can download and install it on the computer.

Below is the software and driver link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.