Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13T (13-ap0039nr)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre failed on me AGAIN out of HP's extended one-month repair warranty - the motherboard is fried again; same issue that it was supposedly repaired for 3 months earilier (late August 2020). Can't enter BIOS, can't turn on; absolutely nothing. After discovering how prevalent this defect is yet knowing HP sold this to me anyway without a recall, I don't even know what to do to repair it - I don't believe my files aren't even recoverable. I've had this $1300 laptop for less than 1.5 years and it has already failed my twice with the same issue, and now it's not even eligible to extend the warranty. Anyone with any advice on how to move forward with the repair is very much appreciated.

I'm heavily considering switching brands because the quality simply isn't there with this model - you can have great specs, but that means nothing if the computer that runs them consistently fails. As an undergrad with finals in less than a week, I cannot afford my technology to be unreliable, yet here we are.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@zozoaltizer, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Please provide the below details -

First Name:

Last name:

Case Number:

Email address:

Telephone Number:

HP Model number:

HP Product Number:

Product Serial Number:

Description of the issue:

Let me know.

! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I have not had anyone reach out to me, but thank you for this default response. I will update this thread if an official contact truly DOES reach out to me in a valid effort to dispute this quality control issue.

HP Recommended

Lovely little update: Microcenter uncovered that HP Repair services failed to put pack all of the screws to my laptop and decided to hide that under the rubber foot pads on the back of the laptop. They knowingly sent my laptop back with missing screws - wow. Still no contact from them reaching out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.