Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 13t-4000 Motherboard Problem making laptop unusable

Spectre x360 13t-4000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One year seven months since my purchase of Spectre x360 and the laptop completely died on me two weeks ago: had a low battery warning and the laptop won't charge. Once it ran out of battery it was dead. I went to a local repair at downtown Chicago. Initially thought it was a broken dc socket port on the laptop.. The repair store ordered the parts initially but turned out that they figured it was a motherboard failure and they can't fixed it unless I can find the same motherboard on sale somewhere (can't find it online since so many are asking and not many are produced)

After going through this forum and many similar threads I came to realize that this is a known problem to HP. Hope my post here can be heard and my problem be solved like my few predecessors. I remebered I came across someone who did a survey on this problem searching on this forum, but the info is no longer available.

Really frustrating that the problem always arises a few months past warranty--if the problem can't be fixed, I should probably look for an immediate premium convertible replacement from elsewhere.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1442
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @fffr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Timmer1701 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the exact same issue.
I notice a burnt smell from inside the computer.

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
17490 12904 245 973
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Timmer1701

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Kurson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's what exactly happened to mine laptop too and when I searched on web this problem, I realized that many people had same problem as well.

As I undestood this is common problem with this model. So I just wonder about HP have taken any responsible to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Kurson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Timmer1701,

I wonder that HP find solution to your issue? 

If it fixed, How?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
MP615 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, my laptop is 20 months old, one of the USB Type C ports used for charging stopped working, Called HP and they told me it was a motherboard issue and would cost $600, plus they would need my Laptop for 7-10 days. I can't go that long without it. Luckly I have one USB typeC that is still working, but will probably have to get a new laptop before it quits. 

Definitely wont be another HP Spectre x360.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation