Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

I have had my HP Spectre x360 13-inch model from 2018 for about 2.5 years now. It has had severe issues recently with randomly shutting down, so I took it to the nearest HP Certified Service Center to get it checked out. The diagnostic just came back, letting me know the motherboard was the issue. The workers at the repair place told me a weird aspect of my laptop: every time the laptop should normally sleep, it would just shut down. This is why I kept receiving an error called “boot device not found, please install an operating system.” The repair place let me know they would not be able to repair the motherboard and that if I'm not okay with using the laptop and having it shut down every 30 minutes, I should purchase another laptop. An additional problem I have had with this laptop is that it always overheats after only about 20 minutes of use, and I have only used this laptop for everyday tasks like browsing the internet or using Microsoft Word, never for gaming. My sister has this same model except from a year earlier (2017), and her laptop has not been experiencing any of these issues. These signs point to the fact that this laptop is a lemon, and it is unacceptable for a consumer to pay $1300 for this premium model to last only 2.5 years of light use (using it only for browsing the web and taking notes for classes in college). Is there anything that HP can do about this? Would it be possible for HP to take a look at the motherboard and see if my laptop is still salvageable? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Antonpiano19

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.