Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx

Back cover popped … and i can see swollen battery …and but battery check says okay….did research and found out there was battery recall on march 2018 and i purchased my laptop on april 2018 …IS there any way u can help me out in fixing this…i am full time student need to fix it asap

AND WHAT CAN I DO I bought this laptop at high price point and still theres no kind of support i am getting ... i contacted hp for Blue screen problems and then Ati driver Problems and now this .... i took really good care of laptop.

i hope u guys help me out ...i thought hp was a premium brand and took hp spectre over dell...

Please help me out after spending so much i did not expected this.

2.jpg1.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Patutkarsg

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
This sounds like hardware related issue with the battery and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i am out of warranty.... i contacted the support ...they cant help said....and there is no battery available in part surfer... can you tell me what to do now?

HP Recommended

1. I posted exact same issue for 2 of my laptops, but my topic disappeared. Why?

2. Please let me know if there is recall on this computer. 2 out of 2 of my laptops of this model both have the swollen up battery. Apparently, this is a wide spread issue that HP needs to take care of.

HP Recommended

they are not considering a recall on our laptop ...and they also dont have the replacement battery available...In short they are telling us theres nothing you can do ...just help yourself... google it and buy from random stores...This is How HP deals with customer..no doubt why ppl like dell...eventhough their laptop batteries face same issue but they atleast consider and they always have parts in their storee... And customer service is really great.

HP Recommended

@Patutkarsg

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i already sent u private message waiting for HP 

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to my Spectre  Pro 13G1 about a year ago. Battery blew up like a balloon and popped the case open.

I pierced the battery bag skin very gently with a pin and let the gas out in a well ventilated area.  I then plugged the holes with insulating tape and the unit continued to work without a hitch.

If HP moans about you doing that then perhaps they should have an easily available and extensive replacement parts list available...

I ordered what looked very much like a genuine part from the interweb and fitted it 6 or 8 weeks later. When the case pops you can work out how to take the case apart or check Youtube for help. I had no problem except for forgetting bitlocker was enabled, so watch out for that.

It's been working perfectly well since then, up until the recent Windows update and I use it 14 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Improvisational engineering...

HP Recommended

Hi. I would consider speaking to HP first as this may be a faulty batch. If they can’t  help then if you paid for part of it over £100 using a credit card then the card company could help (uk consumer protection). Or your trading standards?

HP Recommended

The whole battery swelling situation has happened to me several times over for the years (2 out of my last 3 laptops, my last phone). The product was out of warranty every time. I'm not sure if it's because I have the laptop plugged in almost all the time or that it gets hot where I am during the summer.

If you have exhausted all your options with HP (warranty, recall, etc.), the first thing you should try to do is get a genuine product from HP's spare parts department. If you can't, then you'll have to buy a battery from a 3rd party vendor and replace the battery yourself. Really easy once you open up the back as pictured.

There are usually several options from vendors that you've never heard of. It's difficult to choose the best one, but we try our best (google, amazon product reviews, also check the vendor reviews). I bought 1 battery from eBay and several from Amazon. The battery for my HP Spectre 15-df0068nr swelled up and looked a lot like yours (the swelling). I replaced it a week ago with a battery I bought from Amazon and it seems to be working fine. The quality of the product may not be as good as the original.

The number you want to focus on for your laptop is yb06xl, a search for it on Amazon gives several options. I don't see the maker that I went with which is Jiazijia. The other number you should be mindful of is the number next to where it says "replace with HP spare". This was listed for the one I got and it matched the original which gave me extra assurance that I got the right one. gluck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.