Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop recently died on me and started smoking and after taking off the back cover the motherboard connector for the power button was all burnt up with some of the pins not lining up and smoke coming out from the side. After turning it off it and cooling it down it no longer powers on and plugging it in sometimes shows a small LED lit up near the indicator but will not turn on. I have tried replacing the ribbon cable that goes from the power button board to the motherboard but the connector is so badly burnt it isn't getting a good connection. Has anyone gotten anything from HP as there seem to be many other posts about other Spectres suffering similar issues? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@amshah Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that HP Spectre x360 15-bl012dx laptop is a burnt motherboard.

The laptop needs to be serviced. I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

No dice. Was quoted over $700 dollars for a laptop I already paid $1500 for that has a major flaw. Not sure what to do. Really sad to see this HP laptop dead with just a couple years of use no other manufacturer would let something like this fly. 

HP Recommended

@amshah 

Please let us know what country are you located in.

So, that we can escalate the case.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I’m in the US

HP Recommended

@amshah

Thank you for the information.

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.