cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx Mother Board Failure

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Six months after purchasing this expensive laptop, it stopped working. The white light on the power button keeps blinking continously. The laptop does not come on neither does not respond to any key press nor make any noise on. Just the power button and charging indicators that keeps blinking endlessly.  

I contacted HP support - they informed after diagnosis that my laptop's mother board has gone bad, but their charge to fix it was almost the cost of the computer itself. 

Checking online I see that these boards  issue cuts accross numerous people who have experienced failed motherboards in this laptop brand, typically just beyond the warranty coverage.  I'm extremely disappointed after spending what I did just 6 months ago to face having to repair it myself or replace it and spending the money all over again

Can anyone suggest a cheaper source for motherboards or can HP offer me any help to salvage this situation? I understand that HP is recalling these brands that have this issue and fixing them. I hope my case will be resolved in the same light.

Please SOS...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,106 31,055 2,571 3,880
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chuksnoris

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand your device isn't powering on anymore, though there's a light on the power button that blinks,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you performed a hard reset and other steps via the HP Tech to identify the issue?

If not, Take out charger, then battery, and hold down power button for 20 seconds, insert battery, then charger and make sure charger is plugged into main power supply and not extension cord plug.

If yes, I suggest you could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here) or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for your response. I have done the hard reset many times and also took the laptop to HP support center who confirmed the motherboard has failed. 

I read online that HP is recalling the Spectre x360 laptop brand with this kind of motherboard failures and fixing it free. Please can you provide me details on this. 

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You get anywhere with this? Just had the same thing happen to me...

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any word on this? I am experiencing the same thing?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation