Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Experts,
I have the HP Spectre x360-15-ch011dx laptop. 
1) Does my laptop have Thunderbolt 3 port(s)? I think it has at least one, but I'm not 100% sure because I'm not sure I see the lightning bolt that's supposed to be on or near the port. I just have poor vision for very small print. If it is a Thunderbolt port, is it a Thunderbolt 2 or 3?

2) If so, can it support a GaN3 charger? The charger I'm considering is a 100 Watt GaN3 charger. I am considering using it because it is fast, less bulky and lightweight compared to the OEM charger the laptop came with.
Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Fizzix,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP Spectre x360-15-ch011dx laptop comes with two Thunderbolt 3 ports that support charging, data transfer, and video output.

In general, Thunderbolt 3 ports can support charging from a variety of chargers, including GaN3 chargers. However, it's important to ensure that the GaN3 charger you plan to use is compatible with the power requirements of your laptop.

The HP Spectre x360-15-ch011dx laptop requires a charger with a power output of at least 90W. So, if the GaN3 charger you plan to use meets this requirement, it should be able to charge your laptop.

It's always a good idea to check with the manufacturer of your GaN3 charger to confirm its compatibility with your laptop's power requirements before using it to charge your device.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.