Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15T (2019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am a college student and recently bought an HP Spectre x360 15T (2019) direct from HP to use for school. Thought I would invest in a more premium model that would hopefully last longer than cheaper options. I got it and immediately out of the box, the cursor would randomly move to set points on the screen when using the touchpad or pen, along with the right screen hinge being crooked. Called HP and was told to return the defective unit and reorder the same model. Just received the replacement, and everything is working, but now the left hinge is crooked and misaligned. Really frustrated to have this happen twice when I thought I was getting a premium build laptop. Is it normal for the hinges to be uneven and crooked? It's not affecting the rotation of the screen, but I'm also concerned about future problems and am overall disappointed this is still the case with the replacement.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

The eventual solution I found was to call HP Customer Support, where support said that I should just exchange the computer since it has faulty or broken hinges. Was basically told to return my current model and reorder, which was a hassle. Had to do this twice until the third model they sent me had actually correct and aligned hinges, which luckily have stayed mostly aligned for a couple of use months now. It's really disappointing that this problem is such an issue for HP, the computer itself feels and looks like a quality build, and is overall really great, but glaring issues like this really sully the whole experience of getting a new laptop. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NickPurcell

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Hi Nick, I have had the same exact problem as you I'm pretty sure.  I purchased an HP Spectre 15", found that over time one of the hinges misaligned.  Then I exchanged it for the same exact model, and after a short time, I noticed again that the hinge misaligned.

I'm thinking this is due to the 360 degree rotation, because out of the box, my second laptop was perfectly aligned, but after flipping it a few times, the hinge became crooked.  How did you fix your issue?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The eventual solution I found was to call HP Customer Support, where support said that I should just exchange the computer since it has faulty or broken hinges. Was basically told to return my current model and reorder, which was a hassle. Had to do this twice until the third model they sent me had actually correct and aligned hinges, which luckily have stayed mostly aligned for a couple of use months now. It's really disappointing that this problem is such an issue for HP, the computer itself feels and looks like a quality build, and is overall really great, but glaring issues like this really sully the whole experience of getting a new laptop. Hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.