Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, just need to ask a few questions

HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0008tx

-Does ths HP Spectre listed in the subject line accept charging via USB-C? 

-Am i able to purchase a USB-C Portable power bank such as the RavPower 26800mAh USB-C charger and charge this laptop successfully from it? And how about the HP Spectre Power Pack 20,100 mAh?

-Am i able to use ANY FORM of USB-C Charging with this laptop?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@iEchoWulf

That does not help at all. What is it ? Please hold down Fn key then press Esc then post back the first 2 lines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Huh? what do you mean?

HP Recommended

@iEchoWulf wrote:

Huh? what do you mean?

I need to know what is the model/product of your computer.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0008tx

HP Recommended

@iEchoWulf

This is much clearer now, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06179852

It ONLY has

1 HDMI 2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 2 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1

That means you can't charge machine using USB-C Gen 1 port. You need USB-C port which supports Pwer Delivery (PD).

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I dont have the device yet, it is being shipped. I just found the laptop model based on specs and that was it. However, directly on the HP store where i bought it the spec list says 

"2x USB Type-C™ Thunderbolt™ 3 (supports HP Sleep & Charge, DP1.4, PD 3.0, Data Transfer); 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo"

This is it :

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-laptop-15t-touch-4hg39av-1

Now, iv seen multiple posts and stuff about the 15inch while supporting PD 3.0, does not allow for USB-C charging. These have been on older models, but they all have PD so is this changed with this one or is it not changed? Ignore the Model i gave u before, go based upon this direct link to the exact one that i purchased. Customized to Blue color and 16gb ram, otherwise totally the same. A Follow up question is that if it does support charging over USB-C id like some specifics... does it need to be a 30w output? 60w? can the RavPower that i mentioned in the original post charge it? does it only accept HP chargers? so id have to use the HP power pack? 

This is what id like to know

HP Recommended

@iEchoWulf

All models mentioned on the following link

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-laptop-15t-touch-4hg39av-1

supports charging thru USB Type-C™ Thunderbolt™ 3 port using approved/compatible chargers.

Now, for your charger, you need to ask vendor: does it support HP machines ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Okay, so USB-C Charging will work on this laptop as long as it is either approved by HP or supported by the vendor. 

Will attempting to charge at a sub-par voltage/wattage have any adverse effects on the battery?

Or is there a target wattage id have to reach? so 30w output vs 60w

HP Recommended

@iEchoWulf

Before go out to buy a Power bank, please make sure to check compatible list, for example the following product from HP won't support your machine

https://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2NA10AA&opt=&sel=ACC

otherwise it won't work.

For voltage and wattage, normally we can use +/- 5% to 7% for voltage. But we can use required wattage or higher. In general 60W will charge battery quicker than 30W.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.