Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX cracked screen

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my computer 8 months ago, and have had no issues with it, up until this morning. When I went to open it, i noticed that there were two small cracks in the screen, in the lower left corner. The cracks were on the lower section of the glass that doesnt actually affect anything on the screen, so I didn't think much of it. Today I opened the computer and the touch screen started going crazy, reacting as if I was touching the lower right section of the screen. After about 10 frustrating minuted I was able to disable the touchscreen. The reason it was doing this is because there is now a large crack in the lower right section of the screen.

I already talked to someone in the chat, and he told me that accidental damage wasn't covered under the warranty. There was no accident, there was no excessive force. I would expect a company like HP to stand behind their product, and to repair a broken screen like this under warranty. After doing more reserch, this is apperently a very common issue with these computers, and I also see that HP has covered the replacement of the screens under warranty before, so I don't see why this would be any different.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
34 34 2 2
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi DKDun04,

You said you called into support.  Can you provide your serial number and I can look up case notes and see exactly which unit you do have. 

Thank you,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DKDunn04 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, my SN is [edited].

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
34 34 2 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay i found your case in the database.  let me check into this and get back to you with next steps.

Thank you,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DKDunn04 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Jeorgie.
0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
34 34 2 2
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi DKDunn04,

Consumer Escalations team will reach out to you today and get you taken care of.

Regards,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
DKDunn04 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation