Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1033dx
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop casing broke open yesterday due to over heating.

The warranty (default one) expired 12/1/2020.

Since I paid a bunch of money for this laptop - I am looking for repair options. HP (unlike the Dell I had in the past) has 0 support options.

Can anyone help with suggestions on how I can get this repaired.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @bidendu2022 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Short circuit test

- General cleaning ...

- Minor case defects can often be repaired with 2-component glue. If it is worse, a used but defective notebook can possibly serve as a spare parts donor.

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@ub6424

Thanks for replying!

I will check around and see if I can find a repair shop.

HP Recommended

Hello @bidendu2022 

ok come back to here to post your results (pictures of repaired notebook), please.

(1) Before 😥

(2) After 😃

Good luck

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Before : looks like this 😐

IMG_7356_marked.JPGIMG_7357_marked.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello @bidendu2022 

This will help to disassemble the notebook:

Maintenance and Service Guide

You can forward these instructions to the technician who will repair the computer. Or do you know someone who is good with his hands, who could possibly repair it. It would only be a matter of closing the notebook properly again. Maybe a few brackets are broken off inside. It doesn't look that bad on the photos.

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.