Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue when my laptop is in tablet or presentation mode. If the fan ever kicks on in either of these modes, I get a audible clicking noise from right about where the fan vent is. It's as if the fan is hitting something in the enclosure. The exact model of my laptop is 13-ac023dx. I love tablet mode so far, but it is a major issue that anything intense enough to need the fan causes this awful click noise. Aside from just being annoying, it is concerning as I paid 1400 dollars for the computer and it seems to have a hardware issue. My BIOS has been updated and the issue remains. I'm out of possible solutions and would like some input as to whether or not I should take this up with HP to get it fixed or possibly replaced.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hfmets

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Spectre x360 notebook. I understand that you are getting clocking noise from fan and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Keep notebook air vents clear and clean 
  • Increase the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat 
  • Use Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes 
  • Select power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use 

For more details: Click here 

  

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here 

(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue). 

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.