Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (117 Views)

HP Spectre x360 LCD replacement

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4100dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre x360 with a 2 year ADP coverage. I purchased the laptop in US... but I am currently employed and working in India. My screen has got damaged and needs to be replaced, but the local service center is unable to verify the ADP care pack details in India.

I purchased this laptop after doing my research that the product is marketed in India and will be supported here. However, now the local tech support is saying that the Family name - pike1.0 not available in India and the laptop cannot be serviced even if the ADP is avaiable. As per the ADP contract, HP Support can courier the necessary parts to the local service center and my laptop can be serviced.

How do i resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 LCD replacement

Hi,

Yes, they say the true, many HP laptops asre localized that means HP local can only help you

(a) Order part)s) from original country and repair it for you  or

(b) You have to send machine back to the original country (in this case the US) for repair.

Warranty or not, same rule. Please read (very similar to your case):

ANSWER: You can call HP Customer Support or HP Authorized Support Providers for diagnostic purposes. If a hardware service is required, two alternatives can be offered: The part can be dispatched by HP Customer Support or the HP Authorized Support Partner within the border of the country where they are located. It is your responsibility to get the part from this location, move it to the PC, and to return the defective parts - when required - to the same location. Associated costs are your responsibility. The PC may be moved, under your responsibility and at your cost, to the closest country where HP has support presence, or any other country chosen by yourself (depending on the logistics network), in order to get access to the solution. When HP has no support presence in the country of use, all actions and costs required to gain warranty services are your responsibility.

Source:   http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation