cancel
sedatedbear Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - Metallic noise when charging

Hello, purchased the Spectre x360 Convertible W0xx with i7 and 16 G ram from Best buy just before Christmas.  As my previous Hp laptop of 4.5 years screen cracked.   You described the noise perfectly.  Only heard while charging and gets louder once laptop if fully charged.  Also, curious if affecting my battery as only get about 4hrs of average use.  Have found tips from other posts about prolonging battery life.  Such as turning off Cortana, power saver mode, etc. 

Please help.  

I am going to school and have a family. Reason for late research into issue.

thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,055 9,844 921 1,473
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - Metallic noise when charging

Hello, @sedatedbear – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I’d like to help with you Spectre notebook issue.

I understand that the notebook is making noise while charging. I would first suggest you update the BIOS to fix this issue. You can go to http://hp.care/2bjHn5I and enter the product number to get the driver download page. Select BIOS to download and update the notebook BIOS. Restart the notebook once done with the update.

If the issue persists, then you need to contact HP Spectre Phone support. I am sending you a private message with the details to contact the support team.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation