Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 battery inflated

HP Spectre x360 – 13-4231ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought an HP Specter x360 - 13-4231ng 3 years ago. The device has had a bloated battery for a few days. The keyboard is already standing out. Gap size approx. 3 mm. The battery is not in the recall list. The support only offers
 a chargeable repair (approx. 400 euros) on goodwill rejected.
My question: are there more affected devices that are not (yet) on the list? Please report.
What can I do? I think the problem is the same as the one from the recall list. If several devices from the Specter x360 series now also inflate, you could put pressure on HP. After all, it's about fire risk. Many thanks for your help. Greetings Cathy

Hallo, ich habe vor 3 Jahren einen HP Spectre x360 - 13-4231ng gekauft. Seit ein paar Tagen hat das Gerät einen aufgeblähten Akku. Die Tastatur hebt sich bereits ab. Spaltmaß ca. 3 mm. Der Akku ist nicht in der Rückrufliste. Der Support bietet nur eine kostenpflichtige Reparatur (ca. 400 Euro) an- Kulanz abgelehnt.
Meine Frage: gibt es mehr betroffene Geräte, die (noch) nicht in der Liste stehen? Bitte melden.
Was kann ich tun? Ich denke, das Problem ist das gleiche wie die aus der Rückrufliste. Wenn noch mehrere Geräte aus der Spectre x360-Serie nun auch aufblähen, könnte man Druck bei HP machen. Immerhin geht es ja um Brandgefahr. Vielen Dank für eure Hilfe. Gruß Cathy

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cathy93

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I will escalate your concerns to the appropriate team. We will need few information

I have sent you a private message. Please reply back with the requested information

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello HP team,

Thank you for forwarding to the HP complaints team.
The answer came today: Again, it was only offered to have the device repaired for a fee,
because the guarantee has expired.
But it's not about the guarantee, but about the recall of batteries from exactly this production period.

And then the guarantee has expired.
I wanted to reply to the complainant's email, but the address is blocked - no way to get in touch again.😠
Well, since there is absolutely no satisfactory result, I will now document the case with photos and send it on to larger computer magazines.
Thanks anyway for your effort.

Best regards, Cathy93

Hallo HP-Team,

vielen Dank für die Weiterleitung an das HP-Beschwerde-Team.
Heute kam die Antwort: Es wurde wiederum nur angeboten, das Gerät kostenpflichtig reparieren zu lassen,
da die Garantie abgelaufen ist.
Es geht aber nicht um die Garantie, sondern um den Rückruf von Batterien aus genau diesem Produktionszeitraum.

Und da ist nun mal die Garantie abgelaufen.
Ich wollte dem Beschwerdemanagemant auf die Mail antworten, aber die Adresse wird geblockt- keine Möglichkeit, nochmals in Kontakt zu treten.😠
Nun ja, da es absolut kein zufrieden stellendes Ergebnis gibt, werde ich den Fall nun mit Fotos dokumentieren und weiter an größere Computermagazine schicken.
Trotzdem vielen Dank für eure Mühe.

Beste Grüße Cathy93

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation