Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop at the very endof last year intending to use it for starting University.  At the time I noticed thatthe spacebar wasn’t very responsive but since I ended up delaying University until this month I haven’t used the laptop at all through theyear.

Now that I’ve started University I discovered that the space bar is mostly unusable.  Space key presses are not registered unless you press on a very specific area of the spacebar.  Being able to type at speed is impossible asitcan take several key presses for a space to register.

When I was googling a possible cause it became clear that this is a very common defect with this typeof laptop.  This is completely unacceptable for a very expensive,so called ‘premium’ laptop.

I have tried contacting the support email at ukstore.postsales@hp.com but my email was ignored.

I've tried logging a request through HP customer support but Iget the response "Your Case Number: Unavailable".

I've tried ringing the support number butI just siton hold.  I need this resolving quickly for university.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bebop5555

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bebop5555

Our community is not a direct conduit to HP Technical Support.  We have only limited means to direct your request.

I have asked that someone take a look.  Should there be a response, you will see it here before anyone tries to contact you using other methods.

It is my understanding that emailing the Store for warranty service may not work - emails intended for other than Sales help likely do not have any way to reach the Technical Support unit.  This is especially the case when the device is nearly a year old. 

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Bebop5555

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks forthe help, Dragon-Fur and Cheron-Z.

I was contacted though private message by a HP representitive but I wasn't comfortable providing the level of personal details they were asking for, especially since HP should already have those details.

Instead I was finally able to get through to someone onthe phone and they were veryhelpful and have arranged repairs.

HP Recommended

@Bebop5555

Contacting HP Technical Support through the appropriate channels is always the best option.

Depending on other resources to report an issue for you is a "secondary" choice.  This includes our Community;  our agents have no way to deteremine who you are until you verify / provide the necessary information.  I agree that providing personal information under any circumstances is something of a "sticky" point since there are so many, many scams out there.

I am glad you are on the way to having the issue resolved.

For those reading:

If you have a problem with you computer and you intend that HP Technical Support see your issue, please contact HP Technical Support to open a case and ask for help from HP.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Please take the time to read the warnings regarding thieves and vermin:

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Reminders:

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• USA / Canada: HPposts your regional contact information after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

Our volunteer staffed HP Community is not HP Technical Support

If you cannot find the information you seek in the HP Community,

If you have questions about the answer(s) you have received in the HP Community,
If you disagree with answers you find or have received,

If you want to speak with HP Technical Support staff,

Please contact HP Technical Support.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

1. Submit information / case online: HP Customer Support
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Contact HP Tech Support on your Browser

Open Browser to HP Technical Support

Select Contact Support or Business Support

• Follow the prompts.

Option:  HP Agent Response on the Community Site

You can choose to wait for an HP Agent to respond to your request on the community.

The following applies to HP agent response on our community:

• An HP agent will always post back on the before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar

• HP agent response times vary widely – this community is not HP Technical Support
  • HP agent response on the community is NOT guaranteed
  • Be aware of scams and thieves that crawl out from under the rocks – READ the warnings

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello - I have the same issue.  Please help! 

HP Recommended

@Amit101Arora

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking  here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.