Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 motherboard failed

HP Spectre x360 13-4129na
Unknown

I've had an HP Spectre x360 for about 2.5 years which has been used sparingly and looked after carefully. Now it won't even turn on as the motherboard has failed (all other parts have been tested and are working fine). From doing some research this seems to be quite a common problem. It is out of warranty so HP Support are not willing to help unless I pay - they told me that 2 years is "quite decent" for a laptop and I should expect things to go wrong after this time. Really annoyed as this was an expensive buy which I would expect to last for much longer. Has anyone had any more luck with HP on this sort of thing?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,984 4,870 446 486
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 motherboard failed

Hi @Alastair1975

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation