Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Spectre x360 that is a year and 5 months old. I was running it off the battery when suddenly a whole lot of smoke started coming from underneath the notebook and a smell of burnt plastic filled the air. Reading the forum I found that this is not something new to these HP Spectre x360 notebooks. Its it really possibile that HP have not activated a support program for who owns such an expensive notebook. My notebook is out of warrenty but I honestly think it was a close call, i was working on a wooden table when it started burning. Now I have a 1250 euro paper weight. I did try to contact support and was immediatly cut off once i gave them my serial number, or offered to pay for support. Will paying 30 euros actually achieve something, ie will they attempt a repair or will it be 30 euros just to be told over the phone that its something that simply cannot be repaired. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2338
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

Hi @GlobalIT,

I reviewed the post. I read the response comprehensively. Good day. Thanks for visiting the HP forums. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :)  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. :)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation