Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Stream 14-ax040wm

image.jpg

F514EB02-E6BC-4027-8285-6FD6F27E97A8.jpeg

44C3537F-0DAC-4160-A9AF-700F3F02C338.jpeg

D5F3ACC8-E82A-4C3D-8275-8B16B68345FE.jpeg

  

3AEA0925-1A2B-4A98-8887-CF93D6884386.jpeg

hey, so upon taking the base off of my stream laptop, ax040wm, i realized something. now, i've been told several times and from several different sources that the ram in this notebook is not able to be upgraded, as it is soldered onto the motherboard or something like that. anyway, no.. that ain't correct, i'm able to simply remove the ram from my stream laptop. very easily, too. i know because i've removed ram from my HP 255 g7 laptop before to upgrade it, and it's literally the exact same process here. i'll try attaching some images. my question is: why have i seen that it is not removable, or upgradable when i'm able to remove it easily and upgrade?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A lot of bad information floating around out there. The Stream 14-ax series actually comes in two configurations: one with memory soldered to the motherboard and one with a memory slot for DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM.

Manual 

It says 4gb is the maximum memory but I suspect an 8 gb module would work. 

Why do you ask?

HP Recommended

just wondering. i was a bit surprised to find out i had a ram slot in this thing. i do wish the amount of space was upgradable as well, though. do you have any idea as to where i'd be able to purchase more ram for the stream 14? it seems like it's scarce

HP Recommended

No its very common. DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM

https://www.amazon.com/Timetec-PC3-12800-Unbuffered-Computer-actualizaci%C3%B3n/dp/B0145WDNI4/ref=sr...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.