03-20-2017 03:40 PM
My PC is telling me that I have 765 MB of free space left. My working files are approx 890 MB
All the rest is MS Windows and Office 365.
What happens when I run out of space?
The computer is less than 2 years old
03-20-2017 06:53 PM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
When you run out of disk space, Windows will refuse to boot. But before that happens, you will encounter the problem of failing to do Windows Updates due to lack of available space.
Your PC is equipped with a very small drive that is not expandable -- HP did this to keep the costs down.
You can recover some space by migrating any large files to USB stick or SD card.
Here are some other things you can do to recover additional space:
Yeah, I know these say Win10, but the functions are the same in Win8x.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot