Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Stream was bought on ebay slightly damaged (nothing more than a pencil line drawn on the mask) and already with win 10 installed. I was very stupid as you will see:     The first Windows update that came in, brought up a popup advising that there wasn't any room for the update.   Shortly after this, came another popup advising that win7 was still stored and did I want to delete it.  This was possibly my mistake. I affirmed the deletion. What I possibly should have done, is put win7 back and scrapped win 10.     So currently I have 2.9 gig free of 27.8 gig.    One would have thought that to be enough. But we all know (and this is purely my own opinion)  that Windows uses more space than it needs, and gets bigger and bigger.  I perused File Explorer and couldn't find anything of any size that I would be confident removing. Of course there are a lot of features I will never use but I don't know what a lot of the programs are for. I see that an SD card can be added  (in the case of the poster with too many photos) but I would not have thought this would help me, as the only things I might have stored would be emails.  I currently have a USB stick 64GB inserted for saving downloads of service manuals etc, but I wouldn't have thought it a good idea to move Windows onto the stick..... or an SD card, for that matter.  Whatever shall I do ?!!

Technomaniac
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, @Technomaniac 

I suggest that you clean install W10...see this discussion below for the steps to do that...the post shaded in green provides the info.

I recommend you back up any files you don't want to lose to your USB flash drive  before proceeding, and remove the flash drive.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Stream-Laptop-will-not-updat...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.