Did you mean: 
JXJasmyne
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant Won't Open

HP Recommended
HP Notebook

I have problem opening my HP Support Assistant for the past few months, I tried to uninstall and reinstall again and it is still the same. Hope someone can help me to solve this. thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JXJasmyne,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand HP support assistant on your PC has stopped functioning.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Do you get any errors about support assistant on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

If HP Assistant does not open, use the following steps to restore your computer to a previous date when HP Support Assistant opened properly.
In Windows, search for and open Run.
Type RSTRUI.EXE, then press Enter.
Click Next.
In the Date and Time column, select a date when HP Support Assistant opened properly.
Click Next.
Confirm you restore point date, then click Finish.
The next time you click the HP Support Assistant icon , HP Support Assistant will open.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation