Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant is freezing at welcome screen. Nothing has worked. I am really disappointed with the forum and trying to get this resolved.  This is not a hardware or upgrade question.  There was nothing else to choose. uuugghhhhh

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you want some help you are going to have to provide information. I looked at your profile and prior posts have been about a printer. On what computer are you trying to run HP Support Assistant? What are you trying to accomplish with the app? 

HP Recommended

Sorry if I inconvenienced you!  Problem solved!

I am running Windows 10 on my new HP Laptop.  I am merely trying to bring up the Assistant because it is showing that I have notifications in the background, which I cannot access.  Would this have anything to do with an update being performed on the Support Assistant over the weekend.  I am sure that one of those notifications may have said that.  This is not a new problem according to the inquiries about the screen freezing.  I hope this helps.

NO need to look into it any further.  I figured it out.  It was waiting for me to select a box that allows HP to monitor my usage to improve THEIR QUALITY!!!  CRAZY!!  Hope this helps someone else out!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.