• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 120W with non-thunderbolt host Lenovo ThinkPad X260

HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 120W

Hi All,
I've got the Thunderbolt dock running latest firmware and a Lenovo ThinkPad X260 laptop. The x260 has 3 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports. The HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Specifications page says the dock with work with non-thunderbolt hosts. Obviously I don't expect the laptop to get power from the dock which is why I have the laptop plugged in.

I've got a USB Type-A to Type-C cable. the Type-A jack is plugged into the laptop. The Type-C jack is plugged into the open Type-C port on the dock.

The laptop will not work with the dock in this configuration. I also tried a Lenovo ThinkPad T560 laptop and that did not work either.

How can I get this laptop (or any non-thunderbolt host with USB 3.0) to work with the dock?

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation