Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 with Combo Cable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

the DP ports on my G2 Dock have stopped working. I tried a lot, but now I'm at a loss.

The ingredients for my problem are:

• Spectre x360 15-df1 (ProdID 8NG40EA#ABD)
  • Thunderbolt Dock G2 120W (ProdID L14714-001)
  • Acer S277HK 27" 4k

All dock features were working fine, then I got a feature update and two packages from HP which I can't identify via Windows Update. These are listed as "SoftwareComponent - 1.24.2054.0" and " SoftwareComponent - 4.2.232.0". The Problem started right after that, the display is not getting a signal and powers down.

Here is what I've tried so far:

• switched display ports on the dock

• disconnected all cables including power from all devices for 30min

• removed Dock from Thunderbolt control center and reconnected

• updated Dock firmware to latest version

• reset display to factory setting

• switched DP cable

• tried this solution from the HP forums

My first attempt to update the firmware was done with 1.0.62.1 Rev.A (sp101240).

Meanwhile, I've tried upgrading to 1.0.63.1 Rev.A (sp106102) - same result.

When the installer is running, it detects the DP Hub version as 0.0.0.0, then continues the installation without errors. The next time the installer is run, it reports the version as 0.0.0.0 again. All other dock features are working just fine.

Please help me get rid of this ugly HDMI cable sticking out of my beautiful Spectre 😉

Regards,

Michael

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just to be sure, is the Spectre BIOS supposed to have any TB options? Because I don't see any...

Did the pre-boot TB check - passed.

Also tried various older versions of the Dock Firmware Updater, going back until the production date of the unit...nothing.

Tried installing latest TB drivers from HP... "Driver is not compatible with your OS version".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.