Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a business user that went through driver updates on their PC (HP ZBook Studio x360 G5) and during the Thunderbolt update they got this error:

Aaron1916_0-1652892211691.png

I cannot find a single other person who has reported this error before. Any ideas what's causing it? The dock works fine but the updater keeps returning and failing to install this controller update.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, @Aaron1916 I am really sorry that you are experiencing this problem. 

I actually saw a slightly similar problem that someone had and it may help you with the issue you are facing as well.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-Dock-G2-Firmware-U...

HP Recommended

Looks like the file locations referenced in that post don't appear on this PC; there's no Intel folder or an exe to run the updater.

HP Recommended

Sounds like the user let the installer run again and the update finally went through. Still not sure what caused it but this is resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.