Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP V1U54AV loud fan noise at start up

V1U54AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my laptop back in August 2016 its been fine until recently. Last week I started up my pc and the laptop began to make a loud wirring noise everytime it starts up. It also happens if it has been hibernating for a while. The noise does eventually stop. it lasts about 10-15 seconds after start up its a very worrying sound and I can not tell what is wrong.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP V1U54AV loud fan noise at start up

Hi @Judapp,

Welcome to the HP community.  A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post regarding the notebook making a loud whirring noise after booting. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Does the computer overheat or freeze?
  • Is it the whirring sound of a fan that reduces after some time?
  • Please let me know the model# of the unit as this is a customized unit to assist you better.
  • Please try to locate the source of the noise. Is it closer to where the air vents are located?

For starters please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01007591 and check if this does the trick for you. If this does not work please try the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439 if the computer is heating up. Besides if it is not affecting the performance of the computer, there should not be any cause for concern. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation