Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U5AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, i don't know if I am going to lose my warranty if I upgrade my SSD, and RAM by myself. I would be happy if someone could help me out. My region is Hungary just in case someone have experience with warranty informations in my region.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer-to-peer forum. 

We do not work for or represent HP, so we are unable to reply on HP's behalf regarding the warranty terms and conditions.

I recommend you contact HP customer service and seek a definite answer from HP.

Kapcsolatfelvétel a HP-vel | HP® Magyarország

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates that installing SSD's or memory is a customer-authorized procedure, so off the record, I would assume that you will not void the warranty unless you break something in the process of doing the upgrades.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Do note however, that if your notebook ever needs warranty work, you must return the notebook to its original hardware configuration before sending it in for service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.