03-26-2020 11:50 AM
The built in webcam of my notebook isn´t working properly, it just shows a black screen when using it with the camera-app and if I push the button to take a photo, the app stops working (0xA00F4292) . The LED next to the camera is lit up.
Yesterday it worked just fine. I already tried everything I found on the Internet, so maybe someone here can help me out.
If I use an extern webcam, it works.
The Driver is HP Truevision HD from 2006, but that´s the newest.
03-31-2020 02:58 PM
@OukOutis Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting 0xA00F4292 error message.
Do not worry I will try to fix the issue.
Please provide the correct model number.
In the meantime perform the below steps and check.
Check if the webcam is detected in the device manager, if yes, you need to reinstall the drivers using the below steps,
- You might need to uninstall the webcam driver. To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.
- Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)
Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.
- Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
- Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
- Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
04-02-2020 05:09 PM
I understand your concerns.
In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. and check for the service option. They will help you.
Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.
1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
Have a nice day!!