Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak032ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The built in webcam of my notebook isn´t working properly, it just shows a black screen when using it with the camera-app and if I push the button to take a photo, the app stops working (0xA00F4292) . The LED next to the camera is lit up.

Yesterday it worked just fine. I already tried everything I found on the Internet, so maybe someone here can help me out.

If I use an extern webcam, it works.

The Driver is HP Truevision HD from 2006, but that´s the newest.

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@OukOutis Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting 0xA00F4292 error message.

Do not worry I will try to fix the issue.

Please provide the correct model number.

In the meantime perform the below steps and check.

Check if the webcam is detected in the device manager, if yes, you need to reinstall the drivers using the below steps,

• You might need to uninstall the webcam driver. To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.
  • Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your message!

My model number: P5N26EA#ABD

I already tried all the steps listed in your message and in the link, nothing helped.

HP Recommended

Join the club of broken cameras. HP has been giving these same stupid fixes for years and they DON'T work.

HP Recommended

@OukOutis & @DrewMann

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the system reset and check for the result.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you, I did, it didn´t work.

HP Recommended

Told ya

HP Recommended

@OukOutis & @DrewMann

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. and check for the service option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.