cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation - non-M.2 SSD - Rarely seen in OS

HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new ZBook 17 G3 (X9T87UT#ABA) with M.2 512 SSD and 2.5" 7.2k SATA HDD pre-installed.  I want to add an additional SSD but it is a 2.5" SATA.  I can see it in the BIOS/UEFI and I am sure I have seen it in Windows & Intel storage manager.  Unit came with an additional 2.5" caddie so in went a 500GB SATA SSD.  I had to have a keyboard replaced on unit and up to that point I thought I had the second SATA (SSD no HDD) visible.  After not so much.  I also noticed tech update TPM to 2.0 from 1.2 so not sure if related. Per quickspecs the 2.5" drives are for SATA HDD's but that may options you can buy versus truely supported.  Anyway will open a ticket with support after one more attempt.  So far in UEFI I have made changes to all drive realted options (SecureBoot, Legacy, etc) but no success.  I have tried two Crucial SSD's and have one Samsung left to try.  Only thing I am unsure about is GPT vs MBR for drives but will check.

Thoughts and thanks!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation