Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I can tell you that I have zero lag on the Plugable docking station as well as on the Dell docking station.  On the plugable docking station I am running dual monitors and a logitech wireless mouse and a wired keyboard and ethernet.  No issues what soever and no lag.  On the Dell docking station I am running single monitor with a wireless logitech mouse and keyboard and ethernet.  I have no lag.

For them to say that is normal is a bunch of BS.

I am having them pick up the 27 docking bays and having them swap them out.  I am happy with the Spectre x360 laptop, but the docking bays are horrible.

HP Recommended

Just as an update.  The other dock that works well is the IOGEAR USB-C 4K Docking station Model GUD3C01. 

Also, as an update, received this message from support as to the dock,

"I see that the HP Elite 90W Thunderbolt 3 Dock is not compatible with hp spectre x360 convertible laptops.          

Please contact HP part store to purchase the dock which is compatible with the hp spectre x360 convertible laptops."

and they closed the case out.

HP Recommended

I'm shocked how little their support seems to care about this. I think they closed my case with "normal behavior" as their answer. They have ignored my responses since then. Thank god we only purchased two of these notebooks and docks (sorry about you and your 27). We were planning on going all in on ZBook's and docks but the quality of support we have received on this has turned me off. Unfortunately, my boss seems to be set on HP notebooks.

I've got a Plugable USB dock now and I'm going to try to see how it works. The only thing that bums me out is that I'm back to having two connections (dock and power). I'll also check out that IOGEAR dock.

HP Recommended

Here is the link to the iogear docking station and to the plugable one.  They both provide power to the laptop via the usb-c port.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSTNT82/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FKTZLBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HP Recommended

Apparently, that was their final word on this issue. I have sent a few emails since they claimed it was "normal behavior" but they are not responding anymore. Very disappointing answer and horrible support.

I still haven't had a chance to test out the new dock but I'm hoping to get it going soon. Unfortunately, the power won't work for the notebook I have. The way I see it, with the HP dock, I have to plug in the dock cable and keybaord dongle. With the 3rd party dock, I plug in dock cable and power. Either way it's 2 items and one way HP doesn't get anymore of our money.

I have begun the full court press to get my boss to switch to Lenovo.

HP Recommended

I do not have an 360, but regardning the multi-installer;

It must have a monitor connected to displayport to work. If v1.26 does not work try v1.12 first. It it does not detect the dock at all then first uninstall ASMedia (xHCI) driver, re-install and then try again.

You could also try a USB-c to USB adapter connected to the dock if that work better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.