05-09-2017 08:54 AM
This is related to the native Thunderbolt Ports on the Laptop - Not a docking station
Having the same typical issue with native Thunderbolt ports not working. I'm trying to connect two external displays.
We are using Win7 64 Bit for Engineering Applications - Windows 10 is not recommended.
This is what I have done.
* Reinstalled OS 3 times
* Completed Windows Updates 3 times - after each OS install
* Completed Intel Driver Updates 3 times - after each OS install
* Upgraded Bios 3 times
* Reinstalled Thunderbolt drivers 3 times
* Reinstalled Thunderbolt firmware 6 times - Ports will recognize in the list then are NOT recognized after reboot
* I've changed the settings in BIOS to No Security on the Thunderbolt Port - In fact I've tried every setting listed, nothing works
* Tried to install Intel Thunderbolt update 18 but I get an error stating that Thunderbolt isn't installed in the Laptop
* I've tried other moitors - nothing
These are the native ports on the Laptop - this is not a docking station
I'm using Startec DVI to Type C Adapter to connect NEW HD LG Monitors.