Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Luke27_help Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP dv7 notebook hinge broken

HP dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a dv7 brand new a while back and I love it, only problem is the internal hinge which allows the screen to open and close has completely failed, and is broken.  As i mentioned the hinge is internal, and covered from sight by the bezel and display enclosure.  Then one day as i opened up my  the screen enclosure/bezel made a popping noise and started to separate on the left side, sounds of plastic snapping etc.  I look inside and see the issue, and its obviously not a good one.

This may have been a design flaw, since i've read others post about the exact same issue.  Or perhaps I just was unlucky and got a lemon for a hinge.  Either way I cannon open/close my screen and my laptop is now a desktop sadly.  :(

Here are some pictures for reference.  As you see this internal metal hinge which is quite thin, just snapped under normal operation conditions.  The laptop was never dropped, or anything else, and I'd happily provide more photos to prove this.  I'm really hoping HP will stand behind their product and help me out with this.

For the record this is my third HP computer, and i've been happy with all of them.  This was the only real issue i've ever come across.  Just hoping I can get some help here.  Thanks in advance guys and gals!

IMG_5886.JPGIMG_5887.JPG

1 REPLY
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 51 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP dv7 notebook hinge broken

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation